GLC 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS
Join us to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the opening of the GLC! Get involved in a photo scavenger hunt to compete for prizes, leave a permanent mark in the GLC through a community art project, learn about the history of the building through a small exhibit, view the latest installation of graduate student photo and art work, and join us for a celebratory afternoon on Thursday or Friday, Oct 22 and 23. Visit GLC10 for details!
SUBMISSIONS INVITED FOR 10TH ANNIVERSARY GLC ART & PHOTO CONTEST!
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the opening of the GLC by participating in the next GLC photo and art contest. Theme: (Snapshots) of Graduate Student Life. Get creative and submit whatever depicts you as a grad student. Submissions are limited to three pieces (art and/or photography) per graduate student. Submit your photos online to be printed by the Graduate School. Submission deadline: Monday, Oct 19.
Weekly walk-in services for graduate students (fall schedule; no appointment needed)
- Career advising by Career Services: on hiatus until Sep 23
- Counseling by Cook: Thursdays & Fridays, 1:00-5:00pm, Green Room
- GLC Café: 3:30-5:00 every Thursday, Reading Room – year round!
- Immigration advising: MWF 1:00-5:00pm; TTh 9:00am-12:00pm, 120
- Statistical consulting by LISA: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10am-12pm, Room A
- Writing assistance: Thursdays, 5:30-8:30pm, Room A
GLC News and Announcements
GLC COMPUTER LAB
Accessible for graduate students 24/7/365 with a valid Hokie Passport. The software on the lab's computers includes:
Our base software package in the CICs includes:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Acrobat Pro)
Printing is available for a charge -- must use Hokie Passport to pay.